|Hope this finds you all well on this Sunny Friday Afternoon!
It’s been a pretty quiet week around here, but we do have a few things to share:
- This weekend, we hear The Lord talks about the pearl of great price, which a merchant finds and then sells all he has to buy it. Simply put, Jesus is worth everything we have and are. I pray we can all grow in our desire and zeal to seek only Jesus! Our readings for the weekend Masses can be found here on the USCCB website.
- We have two baptisms planned for this weekend – Reynolds Mueller will be baptized on Saturday during the Vigil Mass and Adrian Stewart Dowell will be baptized on Sunday after the 9am Mass. Please pray for these young boys and their families.
- The weather forecast for Sunday is saying 50% chance of rain right now so we will “wait and see” about celebrating Mass outside on Sunday at 11am. Bring a chair and an umbrella!
- We could still use a little more help with cleaning after the indoor Masses on Saturday and Sunday. Currently we are only seeing 2-3 people after Masses and they are usually the same people week after week. Please consider sharing 10-15 minutes of your time with us after the Saturday Vigil Mass and the 9am Mass to help with disinfecting surfaces. Click here to sign up.
- St. Matthew’s Parish Festival will be celebrated on Sunday, August 23rd. The format will be “virtual” this year with an online auction, 50/50 raffle, and a curbside pickup Polish Dinner. For more information, please visit the Boyne Catholic Community website: www.jamcc.org
- Bishop Hurley has given permission for all extraordinary ministers who need re-certification by the end of November, 2020 to extend their certification until the end of the liturgical year, 2021. Stay tuned for more information from the Diocese on re-certification once things get a little more back to “normal.”
- In the meantime, if you have ever considered serving as a reader, Eucharistic minister, Sacristan, or any other ministry at St. Mary’s, please call the Parish office for more information, we would love to have more of our Parish members involved in these ministries!
- Fr. Peter’s article is now online – click here
- Click here for this weekend’s bulletin
- Our new Middle School Math and Science Teacher, Miss Julie Bloomquist, is relocating to Charlevoix and is looking for an apartment or room to rent. If you know of anyone with available rentals please contact the school office: 231-547-9441.
- USCCB is again asking for your help in support of the School Choice Now Act. Please join the USCCB in asking the U.S. Senate to include additional relief for Catholic schools in the emergency relief package currently being negotiated. The Alexander-Scott “School Choice Now Act” provides one-time, emergency funding for scholarship-granting organizations in each state; and provides permanent dollar-for-dollar federal tax credits for contributions to scholarship granting organizations. You can reach the US Senate by clicking on this quick and easy form on the USCCB website:
- Finally, Father Peter will be on “Staycation” next week, please pray for him while he gets some rest and relaxation with some friends.
I think that’s all for now – Have a wonderful weekend!!
“When you pray, you only have to ask for two things: You should ask for the light to see the will of God, and you have to ask for the courage to be able to do the will of God.”
— Venerable Msgr. Aloysius Schwartz