A few reminders and calendar items for the remainder of this week:
- Thursday Adoration will resume tomorrow, July 2 in the main church from 9am – 9pm. We are still looking for help with coverage so if you are able to spend an hour with Jesus on Thursdays, please call Mindy in the Parish office to sign up: 231-547-6652
- Friday Adoration is from 12-4 this week with the Divine Mercy Holy Hour from 3pm-4pm. Confessions run from 12pm-1pm and from 4pm-6pm.
- We will celebrate First Saturday Mass this Saturday, July 4 at 8:30am with Confessions following.
- The weekend weather forecast looks lovely so we will plan on outdoor Mass at 11:00 am on Sunday. If you are able, please remember to bring your own chair!
- We are still in need of volunteers to help with the church sanitization after weekend Masses, you can sign up to help by calling the Parish office or online: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080F44ABAF29A0F58-stmary
- Fr. Peter will be celebrating the Latin Mass on Sunday, July 5 in Elmira at 3pm.
- Please keep Fr. Innocent in your prayers as he starts his new assignment at Holy Family in East Tawas. If you would like to stay in touch, his new address is:
Fr. Innocent Zambua
Holy Family Catholic Church
516 W. Lincoln St
East Tawas, MI 48730
- Also, please remember Mary Plude in your prayers as she starts her next adventure as Catechetical Leader and Parish Secretary at St. Joseph the Worker in East Jordan next week. We will miss Mary dearly and wish her the greatest happiness in her new role at St. Joe’s.
- In case you missed it, the Most Reverend Walter A. Hurley has been appointed Apostolic Administrator to the Diocese of Gaylord by His Holiness, Pope Francis. You can read the press release here: http://www.dioceseofgaylord.org/news/101/2184/
- The readings for this weekend can be found on the USCCB website by following this link: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/070520.cfm
- Fr. Peter’s weekly article is now available on the Petoskey News Website: https://www.petoskeynews.com/lift-up-your-hearts-life-liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness/article_51816ba3-2d0c-52d7-a188-d3cd4bb6bb5b.html
- In observance of the July 4 holiday, the Parish offices will be closed on Friday, July 3. If you have an emergency, please leave a message on the Parish voicemail and we will respond in a timely manner.
- Finally, we will be having a funeral service for Paul Wood next Friday, July 10 at 11am. Paul was a dear friend of our Parish and will be greatly missed by family and friends. His obituary can be found here: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/livonia-mi/paul-wood-9242282
Have a Blessed rest of your week and Happy 4th of July! Enjoy the company of family and friends this weekend.
“We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place for those who love us.” – St. Bernard of Clairvaux