|Hope this finds you all well. I have been watching the rain sprinkle down intermittently today and am secretly hoping for a little more throughout this evening to give our grass and plants some relief from the heat this week. This is very fitting as we hear about the parable of the sower this weekend. Our readings for the weekend Masses can be found on the USCCB website: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/071220.cfm. Cultivate your hearts!
A few updates for this weekend/upcoming next week:
- Bishop Hurley, our Apostolic Administrator, will be visiting us this weekend at the 4pm Vigil Mass on Saturday, July 11.
- Finley Smith, son of Aaron and Leslie (St. Mary School K/1 teacher) will be welcomed into the church through the sacrament of Baptism on Sunday during the 9am Mass.
- We are planning on having outside Mass again on Sunday at 11am, weather permitting. Right now it looks like a 10-15% chance of rain so we will hope for the best. Remember to bring a chair – umbrellas are also welcome to stave off the heat or any rogue raindrops we might see!
- We are still in need of some help with the Thursday Adoration schedule, especially the 7pm-8pm time slot. If you would like to come and spend a little time with Jesus each week, please call Mindy in the Parish office to sign up: 231-547-6652.
- Also a reminder that the Knights of Columbus meeting has been rescheduled to Thursday, July 16th starting with the Rosary at 6:30pm and meeting at 7:00pm
- We could also use a little more help with cleaning on Sundays after the 9am Mass. If you are able to spend 10-15 minutes after Mass to help with disinfecting surfaces, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f44abaf29a0f58-stmary
- The Diocese has started their annual CSA appeal. We sent out a letter last week with a pledge card and information about CSA. Our goal this year is $56,025. Do date, we have received $8,515 in donations/pledges. Thank you for your generosity to this appeal.
- Finally, Steubenville Conferences and My Parish App are partnering up to offer 2 virtual conferences next week starting on Friday, July 17. Stubenville Live will be offered for Teens and Families on Friday and Saturday, and Night of Hope for Adults will be offered on Sunday evening. For more information or to sign up, please visit the website: https://steubenvilleconferences.com/live
- Fr. Peter’s article is now online: https://www.petoskeynews.com/lift-up-your-hearts-cultivating-the-heart/article_baa1343a-6ecb-5052-b9ed-3e15e9488df4.html
Have a wonderful weekend!!