– Children’s Faith Formation for grades 1-5 meets tonight in the Parish Center from 6pm – 7:30pm.
– We are in need of a few Donut Sunday helpers through the end of the month. If you can help out, please sign up here.
– We have a few “Fight Like Heaven” signs still available in the Parish hallway for anyone who would like to take one. We also have print material available on the table in the hall to take and share with your neighbors and friends. Please vote NO on Proposal 3.
– St. Michael High School will be hosting a drama fundraiser on October 28-29 at St. Mary Cemetery. Please see the flyer attached for more information.
– Finally, please see the most recent communication from Bishop Jeffrey Walsh below:
|Statement by the Most Reverend Jeffrey J. Walsh, bishop of Gaylord My Dear people,|
As faithful citizens, we look forward to casting our votes on November 8. Catholics in the Diocese of Gaylord are called to uphold the inherent dignity of all people by voting NO on Proposal 3, and its “anything goes” approach to the destruction of human life. The proper formation of our conscience guides us to reject this proposal and recognize that we would be actively participating in the promotion and expansion of the intrinsic moral evil of abortion if we vote otherwise.
This is a defining moment. With the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning Roe versus Wade, every state in the Union is now tasked with the establishment of abortion laws. As of November 9, let it be said, pray God, that the state of Michigan reaffirmed the genius of our system of government by rejecting Proposal 3. “We the People” have the opportunity to shine a bright light on the familiar line in the U.S. Constitution which states: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
And now, allow me to close with the words of Sacred Scripture. Please take these words to heart:
“Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you; consider how their lives ended and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teaching.” (Hebrews 13:7-9).
Good Wednesday Afternoon!