Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Saturday morning! Lots of “newsy” things to share this morning:
- The readings this Sunday help us to see the importance of being of one heart and mind as a community and embracing God’s will even if we have been negligent in the past. God will grant us mercy and forgiveness if we are humble and willing to turn and live the way He desires us to live. The readings can be found here on the USCCB website.
- The weather is looking like it will be cloudy but dry for tomorrow’s outside Mass at 11am so please join us in the parking lot if you can!
- Elizabeth Gengle, our Faith Formation and Sacramental Prep leader, will be holding a parent meeting for Sacramental Preparation and Faith Formation this Sunday, September 27 from 10:15-10:45 near the Sacred Heart Statue in the Rectory lawn area. If you are unable to attend, please call Liz 231-547-6652×13 to register your children.
- Ken Plude will be in the gathering space after all Masses this weekend to distribute raffle tickets to Knights of Columbus members for this year’s Hunter’s Banquet Raffle. There is no banquet due to COVID-19, but the raffle drawing will take place on Sunday, October 25, 2020.
- Also this weekend we will take up the Special Emergency Disaster Collection to help our brothers and sisters who have been affected by the recent wildfires in the Northwest and hurricanes in the Southeast parts of the United States. We will have a 3rd, designated “Disaster Relief” basket in the Parish entryway for this collection. If you are able to contribute to this cause, please do so that we can help those families who have been affected by these natural catastrophes.
- We continue to pray the 40 Days for Life Devotional. Please join us on this 40-day prayer campaign to battle against abortion. More information can be found on the website: 40DaysForLife.com.
- A reminder that during the month of September the Sacrament of Reconciliation is being offered on Wednesdays from 5-7 pm outside near the Sacred Heart statue (weather permitting) and on Fridays from 12-1 pm and again from 4-6 pm. An examine of conscience can be found here and the prayer for repentance and conversion is attached below.
- Rebecca Berg is holding prayer time in the park “Gathering our community together in prayer for our nation.” The prayer time will begin at noon today.
- If you can help clean after Masses this weekend please sign up here
- The USCCB has published it’s guidelines on Faithful Citizenship to provide guidance for Catholics in the upcoming elections.
- Finally, the bulletin for this weekend can be found here.
Have a wonderful weekend!