Good Monday Afternoon!
* Just a few quick reminders for this week: Fr. Peter (along with many of the priests in the Diocese) is on retreat this week. Please keep him in your prayers. Daily Mass will be at 8am this week, Fr. Peter will hear confessions starting at 7:30am for those interested in gaining the Divine Mercy Sunday Plenary Indulgence.
* Finally, many of you have asked about the Synod this coming weekend and what the questions are in order to prep for the discussion. The questions are as follows:
– How is this “journeying together” to announce the Gospel happening today in our local parish, campus ministry, university, religious congregation?
– Who else do we need to reach out to, listen to and learn from, or to include in our synodal consultations and in our faith community?
– Whose voices are currently not being heard?
– Who is absent from these discussions?
– What do you think would make our parish (or ecclesial community) better?
– What can each of us do and what can we do collectively to make it better?
– “Synodality” asks us to be energetic and involved ambassadors of our faith through conscientious listening and sharing of insights to advance Jesus’ mission in the world.
– How do we see our parishioners becoming more aware of how much their faith and insights count — and need to be heard?
– What steps does the Spirit invite us to take in order to grow in our journeying together?
* Enjoy your evening!