Sorry about getting this out so late! Just a few things for tomorrow and the week ahead:
- The gospel for this weekend encourages us to follow Christ in the practice of forgiveness and compassion in our daily lives. The readings can be found here on the USCCB website.
- The weather is looking a little dreary for tomorrow’s 11:00 am Mass. If it blows over earlier than predicted and we think we can stay dry we will keep the Mass outdoors. If not, we will move it inside.
- A reminder that during the month of September the Sacrament of Reconciliation is being offered on Wednesdays from 5-7 pm outside near the Sacred Heart statue (weather permitting) and on Fridays from 12-1 pm and again from 4-6 pm. An examine of conscience can be found here and the prayer for repentance and conversion is attached below.
- If you can help clean after Masses this weekend please sign up here
- Father Peter’s article for the week, “Just Let Go,” is now online – click here to read
- On Monday, the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, we will celebrate Mass at 12 pm instead of 7 pm.
- On Tuesday, the final day of our Novena, we will celebrate the Memorial of our Lady of Sorrows with a consecration to our Lady at the 8:30 am Mass.
- A reminder that Adoration on Thursday runs from 9 am to 9 pm. Please stop by the church to share a few moments in prayer with our Lord.
- This week, Fr. Peter will be away Thursday afternoon through Friday so there will be no adoration or confessions this Friday. Pat Antaya has offered to lead the Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3 pm on Friday. Fr. Jim Hayden will be here to celebrate 8:30 am Mass on Friday morning.
- The bulletin for this weekend can be found here.
Have a blessed and restful Sunday!