|It’s been a busy week this week! Today we had our first all school Mass of the year. The children did very well and it was so nice to see everyone back together again!
Just a few things for the weekend:
- Don’t forget that tonight, starting at 6:30pm, Cross in the Woods Parish is hosting The Power of Jesus: An Evening of Praise, Preaching, Eucharist Adoration & Healing Prayer with Fr. Patrick Gonyeau. The event will take place outdoors (weather permitting) and will close at 8:30pm. Fr. Patrick and his trained prayer ministers have offered to remain after the event to pray over people who so desire. Please see the flyer on our website for more information. Fr. Peter will be leading adoration at the event.
- We will celebrate first Saturday Mass tomorrow at 8:30am. Reconciliation will be available after Mass.
- This weekend’s Gospel asks us to look at the process of addressing another person’s sins, forgiveness, healing and the consequences of not forgiving. In the end, love should direct our decision making at all times. The readings can be found here on the USCCB website.
- Please join us after Mass on Sunday to pray the 9-day novena for repentance and conversion. We will pray this novena at the end of every Mass leading up to the feast of our Lady of Sorrows on September 15.
- Fr. Innocent’s birthday is Tuesday, September 8. If you would like to send him a card, his address is: Fr. Innocent Zambua, c/o Holy Family Catholic Church, 516 W. Lincoln St, East Tawas, MI 48730.
- Click here to read Father Peter’s article this week: “Loving to Death for Reconciliation”
- Click here for this weekend’s bulletin
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!
|“There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning, the middle, and the perfection. In the beginning they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle the contests of temptation; and in the end the fullness of perfection.” — Pope St. Gregory the Great