|Fr. Hayden gave a wonderful homily this morning about St. Ignatius in celebration of his feast day. May we all strive to accomplish the many things that St. Ignatius did in his short lifetime. St. Ignatius, Pray for us!
Some things to share on this lovely Friday morning:
- This weekend, we hear story of the Loaves and Fishes. In this miracle, Jesus shows us how God uses his big power with our small abilities, taking 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, blessing them and then feeding over 5,000! Our readings for the weekend Masses can be found on the USCCB website.
- We have a wedding in the church this afternoon at 3:30 so there will be no Divine Mercy Holy hour and no confessions from 4-6 pm today. There will be confession and adoration from 12-1 pm.
- Tomorrow (Saturday) we will celebrate First Saturday Mass at 8:30 am with confessions following from 9-11 am.
- We will plan on outdoor Mass on Sunday at 11:00 am – the forecast says partly sunny with a 20% chance of rain showers so come prepared with an umbrella just in case we get a sprinkle or two!
- Lynn Himebauch’s funeral will be on Thursday, August 6 starting with a Rosary at 11:30 am and the Funeral Mass at 12 pm. Please keep Lloyd and his family in your prayers.
- Sue Gengle and Joan Buday will be taking on Eucharistic and Liturgical Minister scheduling after September 1. Keep your eyes out for a mailing that will be going out soon. If you have ever considered serving during the Mass as a reader, Eucharistic Minister, or Sacristan, please call the Parish office for more information. We would love to have more Parishioners involved in these ministries!
- Thank you to the new faces that stayed after Masses last weekend to help with the church cleaning. Please consider sharing 10-15 minutes of your time with us after this weekend’s Masses to help with disinfecting surfaces. Click here to sign up.
- FORMED is offering a live Bible study with Tim Gray on the feast of the Transfiguration on Thursday, August 6 at 5:00 pm. To register, click here.
- A Reminder that St. Matthew’s Parish Festival will be celebrated on Sunday, August 23rd. The format will be “virtual” this year with an online auction, 50/50 raffle, and a curbside pickup Polish Dinner. For more information, please visit the Boyne Catholic Community website: www.jamcc.org
- Fr. Peter’s article is now online –click here
- Click here for this weekend’s bulletin
- Finally, Catholic singer-songwriter Santiago Fernandez of the Archdiocese of Detroit is hosting a live night of praise on Saturday, August 8 from 9-10 pm. To participate in this virtual event, visit: https://www.facebook.com/santiagofernandezmusic/
Have a wonderful weekend!!
|“Jesus, help me to simplify my life by learning what you want me to be, and becoming that person.” — St. Therese of Lisieux